"...Partition Logic, a third party tool which corrected my corrupted
partitions in all of a minute... Partition Logic clearly demonstrates that
itís possible to have such tools, and be easy to use, and have a nice GUI
and be less than 1MB." --
Carl Bateman, www.bitwisemag.com
ABOUT PARTITION LOGIC
Partition Logic is a free hard disk partitioning and data management tool.
It can create, delete, erase, format, defragment, resize, copy, and move
partitions and modify their attributes. It can copy entire hard disks from
one to another.
Partition Logic is free software, available under the terms of the
GNU General Public License. It is based on
Visopsys operating system. It boots from
a CD or floppy disk and runs as a standalone system, independent of your
regular operating system.
Partition Logic is intended to become a free
alternative to such commercial programs as Partition Magic, Drive Image, and
Partition Logic supports most basic PC hardware without any additional work or
configuration. It has very modest (by today's standards) requirements:
- Pentium-class or better x86 processor. Supports all modern Intel x86
and AMD processors.
- 32 megabytes RAM memory (16 megabytes if operating in text mode).
- IDE (ATA) hard disks for partitioning.
- IDE (ATAPI) CD-ROM drive, if booting from the CD version.
- Standard PC floppy disk, if booting from the floppy disk version.
- For graphics mode, a VESA 2-compatible graphics card with linear
- USB or PS/2-syle keyboard.
- USB or PS/2-style mouse, if operating in graphics mode.
Partition logic has the following limitations:
- Does not work with some SATA hard disks
- No hardware support for non-USB SCSI hard disks
- No support for Sun or BSD disk labels.
- Cannot format partitions as NTFS or EXT3.
- Cannot resize FAT or EXT filesystems.
- No hardware support for serial mice
- No hardware support for PCMCIA
These limitations are intended to be fixed in future releases.